radKIDS is the national leader in children's safety education. With headquarters located in South Dennis, Massachusetts, community based radKIDS programs are continually being offered throughout the United States and Canada. Curriculum topics include:
- School and vehicle safety
- Out-and-about safety
- Bullying prevention
- Realistic deference against abduction
- Personal space/touch safety
- And more
Since its incorporation in 2001, radKIDS, Inc. has been committed to providing education that enhances the ability of children and parents to utilize knowledge, skills, and power to protect themselves from violence and harm.
"Kids need and deserve to learn to at least deal with (dangerous) situations in or out world today and I feel like radKIDS is something that can and does make that happen." - Ed Smart on NBC's Today Show, September 2010.
Personal Empowerment Safety Education Program
The radKIDS Personal Empowerment Safety Education Program is a 10-hour family centered safety education program that emphasizes essential decision-making skills as well as physical resistance options to escape violence. Children 3-13 years of age participate in the programs ideally with their adult partners to create a true safety partnership.
radKids In Schools: Preschool & K-6th Grade
The radKIDS safety education curriculum have recognized the viability and potential for success in providing appropriate safety education to preschool aged children, 5-7 years old and 8-13 years old. These curriculum not only emphasize the ability to make safe decisions while also recognizing, avoiding, and if necessary to escaping violence or harm but all activities also emphasize character development, citizenship training, and personal fitness.
Parent Education & Resources
radKIDS believes that effective safety education is greatly enhances when a parent takes an active role in the education process. radKIDS classes are designed to encourage parent interaction though activity exercises. The radKIDS parent manual outlines all information and topics presented to children in radKIDS to provide parents the opportunity for additional conversation outside the classroom environment. Parent handouts are supplied covering a wide range of relevant safety issues.
radKIDS: Making a Difference
radKIDS strengthens family, encourages physical fitness and teaches core safety values to live by through its program. Fun, activity-based programs include discussions for cognitive development and safety drills. These activity-based developmental education and dynamic simulation exercises train and empower the child with their own tools and talents.
- Over 300, 000 children have been trained in the radKIDS personal Empowerment Safety education program.
- 5,000 community-based instructors have been trained in over 46 states and in Canada and England.
- Over 125 children threatened with abduction used their skills and returned safely to their families.
- 1,000s of sexually assaulted and abused children have spoken up and got the help they needed to stop the abuse and 1000's more have escaped Bullying and peer to peer violence.
- Through radKIDS training, children become empowered and learn to replace the fear, confusion, and panic or dangerous situations with confidence, personal safety skills, and self-esteem.